[linux-elitists] Hm, editor wars

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Mon Jun 26 21:11:39 PDT 2000

>     Rick> begin Heather quotation:
>
>     >> btw, xlib has an input bug in it, that has finally had the nail
>     >> put in its coffin.  So fetch ye a fresh build from CVS today,
>     >> and shoot down the evil "bus error" class of core dump forever
>     >> :)
>
>     Rick> I'll probably get around to that later, since I haven't seen
>     Rick> that error in a dog's age.
>
> Hmm... the last time I saw a bus error was when Netscape loaded a
> bogus plugin, but of course it was almost certainly pure coincidence;
> I was due a nice solid crash anyway.
>
> Paul.

The author of the fix assured me that he nailed two different flavors of
bugs, which thoroughly assauly netscape, esp. the older revs, but also other
apps.  Says his system is solid like a rock since he fixed xlib.

I plan to inflict the fix on betel, since it regularly exercises NS crash
mode.

* Heather * First Rule of History:
	History doesn't repeat itself -- historians merely repeat each other.