[linux-elitists] absolutely

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sat Jun 24 13:40:43 PDT 2000

begin  Justin Cheung quotation of Sat, Jun 24, 2000 at 01:06:05PM -0700:

> absolutely.  Lots of people find vi intuitive.  I was mostly referring
> newbies and my computer illiterate non-elitist friends

This dude hangs out with non-elitists?  Who let him on the list...oh,
right, me.

> lots of unix machines have pine and pico.. many general university
> student servers running SunOS or whatever include pico and pine.

If you want to set up a really simple editor for people, without losing
your chance for sainthood in the Church of Emacs, apt-get install ee.

Dammit, vrms doesn't like xearth, and I think I found out why:
http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~tuna/xearth/copyright.html
But the author still has the old "no fees for freeware" licensing
position on his site.

--
Don Marti                                No haiku patents
dmarti@zgp.org                           means I've no incentive to