[linux-elitists] Leet Tunes (for Don Marti)

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Thu Jun 22 11:06:04 PDT 2000

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Don Marti wrote:

> I'm getting my home office set up, and I'm starting to notice just how
> efficient a noise-making device a tower computer case is.  If
> you choose a quiet power supply and fans, you can start to pick up a
> thrummm, thrumm in the room just from the case resonating with hard
> drive vibrations.

Those paper washers for motherboard standoffs, if placed between the
drives and the rails, help dampen the noise somewhat.

Speaking of 'Leet, I start at TiVo on Monday.

I'll let you all ponder how that is a sequitur in my head. But it was. :)

"Linux means never having to delete your love mail." -- Don Marti