[linux-elitists] Domain name registrar for BOFHs?

Doc Searls doc@searls.com
Sun Jun 18 23:39:21 PDT 2000

>I have had enough of Network Solutions, their candy-ass web site, and
>their bullshit EULA. So I tried Tierranet's "Domain Discover" service,
>since that seems to be where Rick Moen has moved linuxmafia.com, and it
>seems pretty easy. Anyone else used a registrar other than Network
>Solutions? Comments on Tierranet or the others?

I like register.com <http://www.register.com>, because it tries to
sell you these dumb but fun-to-see e-bullshit permutations of
whatever you just checked. I wrote about it... where... lemme see...
here::: <http://doc.weblogs.com/2000/06/01>. Scroll down to the
"Knowledge In, Fun Out" subhead.

Just havin' fun.

My cheapest and therefore best registration experience was with a
service Tucows had where they charged me $10. I think this is now
DomainDirect.com, which is not so cheap.

Doc

Doc Searls
Senior Editor, Linux Journal
doc@ssc.com
http://www.linuxjournal.com
Office: 544 Oak Park Way, Emerald Hills, CA 94062-4038
Phone: (650) 361-1324  Cell: (206) 849-9586  Fax: (650) 361-1348