[linux-elitists] HOPE, deCSS demonstration

Scott Lee pharmb0y@yahoo.com
Mon Jul 17 18:29:38 PDT 2000

Aloha :)

HOPE2K was kick-ass!  Don, your name is still on the
program and I will bring you a copy for posterity.  I
was able to give two talks, one on internet security
and privacy, and also a discussion group talk about
ways to create a workaround for getting western news
and internet propaganda to the repressed masses.still
living under the communist flag.

The de-CSS demonstration was interesting.  We all got
to sing familiar songs with lyrical twists, and we all
had a good time without any virtualized dick-measuring
contests and personal insecurity.  All the major
players were there and everyone was mellow, and no one
was loud and obnoxious.

If anyone wants to know about the trial itself, we the
HOPEsluts will probably have pictures, interviews, and
trial footage up at the h2k website soon or within the
next week or so.

Best wishes to all.  - justin