yesmail.com spammer sues MAPS RBL

Ian Kluft ikluft@thunder.sbay.org
Mon Jul 17 02:44:35 PDT 2000

If you've been using the MAPS RBL to filter for spam, you'll probably want
to add an explicit filter against yesmail.com.  They just won a temporary
restraining order (expires Aug 2) against MAPS RBL (the Mail Abuse Prevention
System's Realtime Blackhole List, a.k.a. mail-abuse.org.)

Exim configuration on my co-lo server, which is a backup MX host for all
sbay.org sites.  Any of you who are directly connected to the Internet
should consider the same thing.  Here's what I added to my configuration:
   host_reject = [...]:*.yesmail.com
   sender_reject = [...]:*@yesmail.com
(The [...] represent the previous contents of the reject lists, which remain
after adding yesmail.com to the list.)

I don't know how much comes directly from their domain specifically.  But
even if this turns out to be just a symbolic move, it's a good one anyway.
--
Ian Kluft  KO6YQ   PP-ASEL                              sbay.org coordinator
ikluft(at)thunder.sbay.org   http://www.kluft.com/~ikluft/      San Jose, CA

----- End of forwarded message from Ian Kluft -----