[linux-elitists] favicon.ico

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Fri Jul 14 11:22:01 PDT 2000

> On Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 09:50:36PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> > OK.  That's still an improvement vast huge numbers of "not found"
> > messages in my httpd logs.  But, if someone with access to the
> > necessary software would be good enough to make a file that _does_
> > work from that, it'd be appreciated.
>
> Keep in mind that the favicon.ico is displayed at 16x16; you might
> want to rethink the content.

Hey, let's get this straight here, he's not trying to be *nice* to them...

There must be some flameMS sites that have suitable ico's already prepped
for this sort of abuse.  They're probably already using them as their own
favicon files anyway.  Meanwhile I recommend using an xpm, that ought to blow
the thing's tiny little mind.

If someone feels like cooking an xpm to the purpose, I can probably turn it
back into an ico (of the oldest variety).  But as I really don't care what
OS people use...  I have more interesting art to craft.

* Heather * Immature poets imitate, mature poets steal.
		-- T.S. Eliot, "Philip Massinger"