[linux-elitists] favicon.ico

Paul J Collins sneakums@eircom.net
Thu Jul 13 15:59:18 PDT 2000

    >> Well, the one I use is http://linuxmafia.com/favicon.ico (an
    >> international "prohibited" red circle with diagonal line atop a
    >> Microsoft flag, next to a small banner reading "Proud to be Microsoft
    >> Free").

    Aaron> Rick, you mean you haven't burned all your gifs?
    Aaron> GIF89a_

Sometimes, once must perpetrate a sin to perform a great good.  In
this case, messing Windows users about.

Which reminds me, if you add an X-Message header, Outlook 98 and 2000
will display it above the message in a little informational box:

  http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/lists/slug/2000/June/msg00695.html

    Aaron> I thought .ico was a windows icon format.

It is.  You can have multiple icons with multiple bit-depths in a
.ico, I think.  It's been over five years since I messed with Windows
icons, so my recollection is no doubt just wrong enough to fuck you
all up.

Paul.

--
Paul Collins <sneakums@eircom.net> - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD