[linux-elitists] favicon.ico

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Jul 13 14:42:54 PDT 2000

begin  Paul J Collins quotation of Thu, Jul 13, 2000 at 10:43:49PM +0100:

>     Phil> Now, it seems that there should be a standard anti-MS icon
>     Phil> that we could distribute to all "good" web sites that would
>     Phil> indicate what we think of Microsoft's idea.
>
> Would a malformed favicon.ico that blows IE out of the water be
> acceptable?  Or even possible?

I used to have:
Redirect permanent /favicon.ico http://www.penthouse.com/

But I don't know if MSIE follows redirects in this case, and nobody
will let me touch their copy of MSIE for some reason.

By the way, did anyone besides Rick notice that I moved this list from
Sendmail on humulus.zgp.org to Postfix on capsicum.zgp.org last night?

--
Don Marti                                No haiku patents
dmarti@zgp.org                           means I've no incentive to