[linux-elitists] Freeing document _formats_

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 10 17:49:06 PDT 2000

begin  Don Marti Uses GIFs on the Sly quotation:

> What kind of elitist are you?

ObStephenson:  I'm sure that they'll gradually come to listen to Reason.

> Humble suggestion: organize by MIME type.

That might be _a_ sort order, but possibly should not be the default
one, as it'd probably not be the way most people would aim to find
information in this context.

> Do the video efforts by xiph.org amount to anything?  Ogg Vorbis is kewl
> so they must be smart.

Any company that can product the Moaning Goat Meter
(http://www.xiph.org/mgm/) must have _something_ going for it.

I'll have to think this one over:  I'm bit tired out, and the design &
overall approach require some careful consideration.

rick (at) linuxmafia.com                      Or denied.  So there.