[linux-elitists] The B Word, the P Word

Jeremy M. Dolan jmd@turbogeek.org
Mon Jul 10 08:44:36 PDT 2000

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:23:11 +0000, Paul J Collins wrote:
> However, in my 2.2.16 sources, I have the following, if one of you

What, is that it? One reference in Calderas source?

jmd@foozle:/usr/src/linux-2.2.16 $ grep -r -i "fuck" * |wc -l
     30
jmd@foozle:/usr/src/linux-2.2.16 $ grep -r -i "shit" * |wc -l
     86
jmd@foozle:/usr/src/linux-2.2.16 $ grep -r -i "dam[n ]" * |wc -l
     59

These words are fairly common in source code, even Microsoft, a
"professional" software company includes them:

jmd@foozle:~/src/stuff/dos-6.0 $ grep -i -r fuck *
cmd/command/tmisc1.asm:           ; fuckin' sixteen-bit machine ought
cmd/expand/dosdir.asm:            ; is not reliable under DOS versions
4.00 and 4.01. (IBM fuck-up).
dev/smartdrv/doubleb/badpart.asm: jc      PartitionCheckDone ; BIOS is
fucking with us - give up
<more matches deleted>

No, I don't have the DOS 6.0 source code. I don't know what you're
talking about.

/jmd

--
Jeremy M. Dolan <jmd@turbogeek.org>