[linux-elitists] The B Word, the P Word

Paul J Collins sneakums@eircom.net
Mon Jul 10 12:56:39 PDT 2000

    Don> Caldera won't say the "B" word:
    >> http://lwn.net/daily/cald-ircBX.php3
    >>
    >> You know, that level of prudery is jush laughable.  Caldera sure ain't
    >> a bitchin' distro.

    Deirdre> One wonders what they do about the swear words in the Linux source?

I recall there were some in GNU Emacs' Lisp files until RMS removed
them.  Possibly an overreaction, but he used it to showcase some law
or other that he said forced his hand.

Regarding the kernel sources, I'd be surprised if they went to the
bother of censoring files that few of their users will ever use, let
alone build.

But I could be wrong.

Paul.

--
Paul Collins <sneakums@eircom.net> - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD