[linux-elitists] RSA patent party

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu Jul 6 23:00:27 PDT 2000

> On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Heather wrote:
>
> > Well, I don't drink, and I do science fiction conventions (where I
> > used to pull 60+ hour tours awake).  So if you want a 2 day party, I'm
> > there. But I'm *not* planning to fly to it.
>
> Is that why you weren't at Conolulu?

No, I've no particular objection to flying itself, but I can only do one
convention a month, and had just been at USENIX.

> Minor amusing note: my mom scandalized Rick's family by saying she had
> considered going to our wedding as a Klingon mother-of-the-bride.

Tee hee!  We confused Jim's extended family by having ours at Worldcon.
The granduncle was still unclear on whether we were gonna do 20th century
pearled-white and black-tux or what when he decided to come anyway.  One
of the groomsmen was in chainmail, but we were being pretty normal otherwise.

* Heather * We all agree on the necessity of compromise.  We just can't agree
            on when it's necessary to compromise.  -- Larry Wall