[linux-elitists] Sick of doubleclick.net yet?

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Jul 6 16:22:03 PDT 2000

begin  Heather quotation of Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 10:55:23AM -0700:

> As a particular advantage, the layout tends to remain as the web artist
> intended,

Usually not an advantage.  Pixel-pushing graphic designers will be second
against the wall when the Revolution comes (after Marketing.)

> As an elitist amusement, sometimes
> the replaced ads are not of banner size, but they forget to declare.

Forget, or deliberately fail to include height and width attributes
so that the page won't render until the image downloads?

> But the perl script Don Marti whipped up in ages past, to eat graphics
> of the advertisement preferred sizes, is pretty good.  Of course you'll
> find you're missing my site's secondary header bars, since I used my
> "banner" to the purposes of good...

Oh, well.  That script replaced "bad" images with their alt text, IIRC.

--
Don Marti                                No haiku patents
dmarti@zgp.org                           means I've no incentive to