[linux-elitists] doubleclick.net cookies for all!

Paul J Collins sneakums@eircom.net
Mon Jul 3 14:03:55 PDT 2000

    Heather> In NS I normally live in deny cookie mode, unless I'm
    Heather> feeling ornery, then I track all of em and enjoy knowing
    Heather> which sites to leave forever because they blast me 18
    Heather> times with a "first cookie" request when I blow them off.
    Heather> One for each ad.  Don't forget to delete your cookie
    Heather> files regularly.

I've been using recent nightlies of Mozilla, and the control it
provides over cookies is pretty good, if you turn on the feature.  It
will tell you when a site gives you a cookie, and you can choose to
accept it and whether to remember the decision.  I currently have
three cookies and large list of sites that I do not accept cookies
from.  I found that after a few days of rejecting cookies, I now get
very few requests to add new ones.

Paul.

--
Paul Collins <sneakums@eircom.net> - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD