[linux-elitists] doubleclick.net cookies for all!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Jul 3 13:04:13 PDT 2000

begin  kmself@ix.netcom.com quotation of Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 12:24:17PM -0700:

> The two halves lets him nest text under what would otherwise be part of
> the image, under a graphical browser.  I suppose a background image
> (ugh) or CSS (double-ugh) might work as well.

Hey, I have CSS on that page ( http://zgp.org/rbhl/ )

YA new version of the Python cookie-snarfer at:
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/warez/getid.py

Here's a question for those of you who know Real Computer Science(tm)
How should the script adjust its sleep time between HTTP requests
to maximize cookies/hour?   Maybe keep a list of the last n delays
that resulted in successfully getting a cookie, and choose the median?
The way it adjusts sleep time now is bad, I think.

And for those of you who know Python, any suggestions on proper error
reporting to diagnose Karsten's "no cookies" issue?

Still no list of members for the USPTO's Patent Public Advisory
Committee on http://www.uspto.gov/ But they're hiring:
http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/ac/ahrpa/ohr/jobs/exam.htm

(Patent examiners must not have much stuff, though -- the maximum moving
allowance is $1000. And the salary is...well...let's just say less than
industry standard for someone who knows about algorithms and stuff.
http://www3.uspto.gov/go/jars/sgs.html )

--
Don Marti                                No haiku patents
dmarti@zgp.org                           means I've no incentive to