[linux-elitists] doubleclick.net cookies for all!

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Mon Jul 3 11:13:43 PDT 2000

> On Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 10:16:38PM -0700, Don Marti wrote:
>> begin  kmself@ix.netcom.com quotation of
>> Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 03:38:09PM -0700:
> > > KeyError: set-cookie
> >
> > Getting that error every time you run the second script (get1id.py)?
> > The first script (getid.py) just silently retries -- sometimes it gets
> > a cookie sometimes it doesn't. But if you _never_ get a cookie...we may
> > have discovered something.
>
> Looks like every time.  I tried looping:
>
>    while :; do ./get1id.py; done

Hm, look, oreo crumbles.

> ...and it's pretty consistant over a couple of minutes.

#lynx.cfg defenses:
COOKIE_REJECT_DOMAINS: ...

You know who to put there!  It can also insist on strict conformance to
cookie specs, for shopping sites you feel a need to annoy :)

> > Anyway, I thought I'd inflict my latest attempt at learning the GIMP
> > on you people: http://zgp.org/rbhl/

It's kinda cute.  But my lynx visit wonders: was there some reason you did
it in two halves?  Doesn't that fare the danger that some graphical weenies
will have it lining up wrong?  (can't be that half was a link, pseudo imagemap
style, because it wasn't.)

* Heather * You're all clear now, kid.
            Now blow this thing so we can all go home. -- Han Solo