[linux-elitists] doubleclick.net cookies for all!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Jul 2 16:10:46 PDT 2000

begin  Doc Searls quotation of Sun, Jul 02, 2000 at 03:51:57PM -0700:

> Fine. But I don't want that to end the discussion. To fully expose
> DoubleClick to the kind of embarrassment I can best deliver, I need
> to know exactly what this silly cookie does, if anything. It's a
> technical matter as well as a moral one. What's the technical answer?
> I'm beginning to think nobody knows, including DoubleClick.

I think _they_ know, and I think this "opt-out" cookie actually
does prevent a unique "id" cookie from being created.  Has anyone
seen a cookie other than "id" from Doubleclick?

--
Don Marti                                No haiku patents
dmarti@zgp.org                           means I've no incentive to