[linux-elitists] Re: [svlug] Bill Gates resigns (fwd)

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Thu Jan 13 15:39:27 PST 2000

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Emanuel Pirker wrote:

> Uh. You caught me :-) I'm working in Mountain View now (only temporarily,
> I'll go back to .at to finish my masters soon).

Neat! I'm working in Mountain View myself, but for an NT shop. They let me
use Linux and a Mac to work around my Windows bias.

> Unfortunately I had to drop out of the Linux1394 project as
> long as I'm working on the IRIX 1394 infrastructure. :( So, alas, I'm not
> eligible for the honour of having "FireWire" as middle name...

Well, not many people can turn a driver hobby into a job, even a temporary
one.

http://linuxmafia.com/bale/

> Since about last summer the project has "exploded". There are many people
> now working on it, hard drive support is currently low on priority, but
> will come at some time.

The web site really hasn't changed (presuming it's still
http://eclipt.uni-klu.ac.at/ieee1394/) to reflect ANY of this.

I'd be really interested in this project (I'm an old Apple bigot, so I
love the stuff), but I really didn't have time to take on a new project at
that time (last year when I saw you talk in March), so I didn't sign up.
But someone (like me) could at *least* keep the web site in less
disrepair.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Mars has been a tough target" -- Peter G. Neumann, Risks Digest Moderator