[linux-elitists] Re: [svlug] Bill Gates resigns (fwd)

Emanuel Pirker epirker@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Thu Jan 13 15:31:03 PST 2000

On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Emanuel Pirker wrote:
>
> > May this lead to a "Windows 2002" written entirely in Visual Basic?
>
> LOL! Actually, I think it would be in 2001 and would include graphics of
> apes throwing things.
>
> Hey, you're Emanuel "FireWire" Pirker, aren't you? Does this mean you're
> in the US now or are you working for SGI in .at?

Uh. You caught me :-) I'm working in Mountain View now (only temporarily,
I'll go back to .at to finish my masters soon).

Unfortunately I had to drop out of the Linux1394 project as
long as I'm working on the IRIX 1394 infrastructure. :( So, alas, I'm not
eligible for the honour of having "FireWire" as middle name...

So I've never introduced myself to this list, sorry. I met Don Marti once
at a SVLUG meeting. Huh, I shouldn't be that lazy and check for Linux
events here more often... :)

> I haven't been following FireWire support lately but saw the micro raid
> tower from VST that's so cute and little. I want one.

Since about last summer the project has "exploded". There are many people
now working on it, hard drive support is currently low on priority, but
will come at some time.

Cheers,

Emanuel