[linux-elitists] Good news in the patent wars

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu Jan 13 14:01:42 PST 2000

> > I have a friend who is trained in integrative biology (big things you can
> > actually see).  If I seduce her into using Linux, does she get Martinelli's?
> >
> > I also have a friend who likes Martinelli's.  If I seduce her into learning
> > to do PCR, will she start using Linux?
> >
> > I also have a friend who does CPR.  If I seduce her into using Linux, will
> > she get something which is an anagram of "Martinelli's"?
>
> Maybe we could get her car Martinized.
> Shall we whip up a sequenced-DNA theme for enlightenment?

And it occurred to me, while we're being elite, there are a considerable
number of fine pseudo-wines besides Martinelli's.  Over at the Bryant's
Bend house I have a bottle of mandarin orange+passion fruit bubbly, it
being the leftovers from 1 each of every flavor of such sparklies we got
before the Holiday Party.  (We don't know if it's good or bad, it never got
opened.  But I'm sure it had DNA at one time.)

* Heather