[linux-elitists] Good news in the patent wars

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Wed Jan 12 13:17:38 PST 2000

On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Don Marti wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 01:02:05PM -0800, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:
>
> > Can we have Martinelli's for someone (moi) who has actually DONE PCR? :)
>
> Wait a minute -- how many people trained in molecular bio or biochemistry
> but seduced into Linux do we have on this list anyway?

My interest in molbio predates my interest in Linux and Unix. I'd had Unix
experience. I was, after my husband died, considering changing fields.
Instead, I've decided to do other things.

> (I've helped do PCR and done DNA sequencing.)

I was working in an immunology lab myself as a part-time student slave
while writing code for an immunohematology software firm.

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Mars has been a tough target" -- Peter G. Neumann, Risks Digest Moderator