[linux-elitists] index-linux.com

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Tue Jan 11 00:28:38 PST 2000

> On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Heather wrote:
>
> > > I'm aiming for "stuffy" graphics. :)
> >
> > I can do graphics, what would you like it to look like?
>
> I have some samples that I got from cooltext. As DNS hasn't propagated
> yet, you can look at what I had in mind at:
>
> http://www.deirdre.org/index/index-banner.jpg

Standard GIMP bits, carved stone always looks good, but a different
marble would enhance the letters better.  Looks like it's carved in walnut
rather than stone right now, not sure if that's what you have in mind.

> A page mockup is at:
> http://www.deirdre.org/index/index.html

Hmmm. Might look better with the letters semi-transparent (PNG is good at
that) and the background tiled with a simple tile of the effect you want.
Bearing in mind that the tile will have to have its contrast reduced
considerably to allow black text to be visible on it.  Want me to give it
a shot?

> > Poor laptop users, out in the cold again.  :(
>
> Good point. I'll make it desktop and, in the case of hardware vendors,
> laptops as well.

:)  Good.  It's the business class who I think will find this all the most
useful; a great many of them are laptop users.

> > Slackware isn't traded, is it?
> Nope, so far Red Hat and Corel are the only distros that are.

I remembered you'll want to add Cobalt to the hardware vendors.

* Heather