[linux-elitists] index-linux.com

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon Jan 10 13:51:35 PST 2000

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Justin F. Knotzke wrote:

> 	I think it's a FAB idea. Maybe you could get the people over at
> User-Friendly to do some graphics.. ;)

I'm aiming for "stuffy" graphics. :)

I had been wondering how to weight the various vendors and am considering
the following as modifiers:

Products on Linux

x 7 if ALL products (except those that are, by their nature, irrelevant to
Unix) ship on Linux

x 2 if all server products ship on Linux

x 3 if all desktop products ship on Linux

x 1 otherwise

Length of time in Linux market

x 10 if > 5 years

x 5  if > 2 years

x 2  if > 1 year

x 1  otherwise

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Mars has been a tough target" -- Peter G. Neumann, Risks Digest Moderator