[linux-elitists] LDP Haiku

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Feb 24 20:47:44 PST 2000

Here are a few "found haiku" from the Linux HOWTOs.  I might go
in search of more when I refine my script from a simple
"17-syllable sentence finder" to a better haiku detector, and
add syllable counts for words that don't appear in the CMU
pronouncing dictionary.

A super daemon
is bloat for those who only
want one small feature
        -- Werner Hauser, Linux Laptop HOWTO

I suppose you have
to fiddle around a bit
to get this working
	-- Werner Hauser, Linux Laptop HOWTO

It only takes a
user with a modem to
compromise your LAN
        -- Mark Grennan, Firewall and Proxy Server HOWTO

Examples of smooth
running existing systems
are also welcome
        -- Stein Gjoen, HOWTO: Multi Disk System Tuning

CD-ROMs have a
spiraling track much like an
audio record
        -- Skip Rye, Optical Disk HOWTO

Rest assured that they
can determine that it's there
and will exploit it
        -- Kevin Fenzi & Dave Wreski, Linux Security HOWTO

The one condition
is that credit is given
where credit is due
        -- Harvey J. Stein, The UPS HOWTO