[linux-elitists] Re: FW: MS claims w2k is better than solaris 8 (fwd)

Jay Sulzberger jays@panix.com
Fri Feb 18 09:24:39 PST 2000

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Deirdre Saoirse wrote:

> Occasionally, the Unix Rabbi (yes, he really IS a Rabbi) has something
> interesting to say even though he really only uses Solaris. See snipped
> post below. Interesting to see the rationale.
>
> --
> _Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
> "Mars has been a tough target" -- Peter G. Neumann, Risks Digest Moderator
> "That's because the Martians keep shooting things down." -- Harlan Rosenthal
> <Harlan.Rosenthal@Dialogic.com>, retorting in Risks Digest 20.60

I think that to some degree the free software propaganda effort has fallen
down on the benchmark front.  We should state clearly that in the past all
these claims have been shown to be false.  Since we are satisfied that
Microsoft lies, we are only willing to discuss their claims after they pay
us to run the benchmarks ourselves, without their being in the room.

oo--JS.