[linux-elitists] Man oh man!

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Sun Feb 13 12:24:55 PST 2000

> Yep.  There are tons of errors like these:
>
> line 126 column 1 - Warning: <table> lacks "summary" attribute

Almost nobody uses one of these. Anyone have an URL of someone properly using
a summary attribute, so I can see what the browser stack thinks of it?

> > They also have an apparently unnecessary cookie, and two ads at the bottom,
> > one of which my personal adzapper replaced.  The other one doesn't pass
> > the allowed-in-Heather's-ad-spaces test, so I added it to my adzapper.
>
> Leaving image loading off is effective too. :-)  Absolutely necessary
> on a very low bandwidth connection like mine.  (26400)

I don't bother turning off image loading; if I didn't want images, I use
lynx, because I don't want javascript or java either, and it has faster
search features and waaaaaaaaaaaaay more enjoyable bookmarking.  That it
ships for a bunch more platforms, well, that's gravy.

If I use Don Marti's adzapper I could actually negate them entirely, but I
like my way.  As an elitist it pleases me to know that their ad has been
auto-ignored.  Those who know my hubby Jim may get a giggle out of the
first time he saw it in action, since most of the house browsers are using
the squid proxy on betel for speed.  "Heather!! Did we buy a banner ad?!?"
;P

That should be enough to figure it out, but I'll tell you my trick if you
ask nicely.

-* Heather Stern * Starshine Technical Services * star@starshine.org *-
This is an unauthorized cybernetic announcement.
                                 -- John Brunner, 'The Shockwave Rider'