[linux-elitists] Man oh man!

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Sun Feb 13 10:14:10 PST 2000

Justin F. Knotzke writes:

> Heather wrote:

> > > I saw their top-of-the-line machine at Linuxworld.  ASL is offering
> > > the same one, I think, but I don't know the name of the original mfr.
> >

> 	I just checked out their website and I see that they are offering the
> laptops with DVD in them.. Isn't that a little presumptuous?

They say that LiViD was demonstrating Linux laptops playing DVD videos at
LinuxWorld.

LiViD is no longer based in a country with anticircumvention laws, and the
CSS trade secret, if there ever was one, seems to have been irrevocably
lost.

So, I think it's likely that there will continue to be useful Linux DVD
video software.  (And DVD drives are useful for things other than DVD video.)