[linux-elitists] Man oh man!

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Sun Feb 13 08:41:31 PST 2000

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 07:53:36AM -0800, Heather wrote:

> BTW I'm pleased to note I'll be starting with Tuxtops, who'll be selling
> linux on laptops with NO WINDOWS TAX! :)

I saw their top-of-the-line machine at Linuxworld.  ASL is offering
the same one, I think, but I don't know the name of the original mfr.

Very nice -- heavier than the Thinkpad 570 or 600, but decent
keyboard and screen.  On the other hand, only 2 mouse buttons, and a
touchpad instead of a nipple pointer, but on the gripping hand,
my right wrist has been acting up since I started using the
Thinkpad as my main machine, and a change of pointing device
might do me good.

I think Esc is next to F1, instead of above it, which is good.

They seem like Good People too -- congratulations, Heather.
(Now if they added a 3rd mouse button, burned all the GIFs on
their web site, and supported Debian, but naaah, we must have
some reason to feel superior to all Linux vendors or we wouldn't
be elitists, would we?)

--
Don Marti                  US citizens: tell your government how DMCA
dmarti@zgp.org                    will prevent your legitimate use of