[linux-elitists] yup

Seth David Schoen schoen@loyalty.org
Fri Feb 11 16:55:59 PST 2000

Rick Moen writes:

> 2.  Genuine facts about the hijacked hosts used for the recent attacks
> are difficult to come by, but the attack mode used is obviously usable
> on any hijacked system posessing a TCP/IP stack.
>
> 3.  It's _possible_ that the only hijacked hosts recently used run
> Solaris and Linux -- but, if so, it's coincidental.  (See point #2.)

A new report on BUGTRAQ says that the current version of TFN now runs
on Linux, Solaris, _and_ NT.  I think that fact should help refute
the claims that this is Unix-specific or Linux-specific.  I'll have
to find that article.

In fact, I would assume that you can install TFN2000 with BO2000 (although
I have yet to find any legitimate way of testing that assumption).