[linux-elitists] MPAA protest

Jim Gleason jgleason@barley.electriclichen.com
Tue Feb 8 15:50:53 PST 2000

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Seth David Schoen wrote:

> Andrew Bunner (of _DVD Copy Control Association v. Andrew McLaughlin,
> Andrew Bunner, et al._ fame) is interested in protesting at a movie theater
> in the Bay Area on Friday, as a part of _2600_'s actions against the
> lawsuits.
>
> I know that some of you are in New York.  Is anyone still around here and
> interested?

The New York Linux Users Group gathered about nine pages of signatures for
the DVD Open Letter to Congress from the LinuxWorld Expo last week. We are
ready to get serious about this issue.

Chris DiBona had the idea that if/when there is another trial out here, we
could picket it and potentially influence a judgement. I'd like to bring
NYLUG to bear on the MPAA so they don't think they can claim NYC as easy-
prey jurisdiction.

- Jim

Jim Gleason		  VA Linux Systems
email: jim@valinux.com 	  http://www.valinux.com
phone: 212-858-7684 	  President, New York Linux Users Group
fax: 212-858-7685         http://www.nylug.org