[linux-elitists] Congress for sale^H^H^H^HSOLD

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Mon Feb 7 17:14:33 PST 2000

Attention Linux elitists:

If you're a US citizen seeking to use copyrighted works you
PAID FOR, the government wants to ignore YOU.

Send a list of ways in which the Digital Millennium Copyright
Act will fuck up YOUR life and work to /dev/null, I mean
follow the instructions for comments at:
http://www.loc.gov/copyright/1201/anticirc.html --  same thing.

You don't have the money to BUY the government, so you just get
the time-limited, advertising-loaded "Government Lite" sample
version.

That URL again:
http://www.loc.gov/copyright/1201/anticirc.html

Remember you don't have to believe that one person can make
a difference, you can get almost as much satisfaction from the
smug realization that you were there when It All Started and
your most sincere pleading to the already-purchased government
didn't amount to a damn thing.

I'll throw some kind of pathetic whimper about fair use and
libraries and commonly acceptable academic standards into the
pile.  At least they take email so I don't have to trash
trees as well as my carpal tunnels.

--
Don Marti               |
dmarti@zgp.org          |