[linux-elitists] "California Uber Alles" update

Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Thu Dec 28 13:58:37 PST 2000

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:49:21PM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:16:18PM -0800, Dan Wilder wrote:
>
> > Don, are you trying on Mr. Bad's schtick?
>
> No, when he says FUCK when taling about FUCKING SOFTWARE PATENTS he puts
> it in CAPITAL LETTERS.  And I think he quotes Hunter S. Thompson
> instead of the King James Bible.

I see.

> > I take it you discount the alleged claim by Patrick Gelsinger
>
> Hell yeah. Doesn't the name "The 4C Entity" sound like some kind of
> plague from outer space or something?

Your point.

I guess even if Gelsinger's statements are neither fabricated nor
fabrications, some nice strong public statements from VA, Cobalt,
et al could help to discourage mission creep.

How about another public letter to put up on LJ, Cc to
various CEOs and PR flacks?

--
Dan Wilder