[linux-elitists] "California Uber Alles" update

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Thu Dec 28 12:43:17 PST 2000

News flash: Matt Pavlovich does not live in California.
http://mi2n.com/press.php3?press_nb=16150

And this shouldn't be news, but CPRM seems to be an utter clusterfuck
of a nasty thing to put on a hard drive. Damn chickenshit Linux vendors
haven't even issued a press release saying that they will use non-CPRM
drives only, if they're available. They haven't lifed a finger to
protect themselves from DRM or software patent parasites of any kind.
It's always "Yes sir, how may I fuck up my business model to serve you,
sir?" Never have I seen a new generation of information technology
so reluctant to risk offending the old. Have a nice life squeaking
by, making cheap commodity shit that's unusable without licensing
some software patent or DRM from your competition. If the information
technology industry is a farm, you all just rented the apartment
in the basement of the outhouse. Fucking no-imagination-having,
investors-trust-violating losers. I know, there's not supposed to be any
flaming on l-e, but damn, it's one thing for a regular person to go to
Fry's and buy some DRM or software patent crap because they don't know
any better, but you all have lawyers. Is it all quarter-to-quarter, move
boxes, paint yourself into a corner and die there? At least the shallow
ignorant management sons of bitches who killed Unix weren't doing so
right after some shallow ignorant management sons of bitches killed
Unix.  Forget about the lawyers pissing in your well!  Just hoist that
bucket!

Our text today is from the book of Matthew.

[24] Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I
knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown,
and gathering where thou hast not strawed: [25] And I was afraid, and
went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
[26] His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful
servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I
have not strawed: [27] Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to
the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own
with usury. [28] Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto
him which hath ten talents. [29] For unto every one that hath shall be
given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be
taken away even that which he hath. [30] And cast ye the unprofitable
servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of
teeth.