[linux-elitists] CPRM moves forward

Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de Eugene.Leitl@lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Dec 26 03:55:38 PST 2000

Jay Sulzberger wrote:

> People who believe in black helicopters are considered insane.  And it is
> among such believers that we shall find allies, as well as among Goreites

Indeed, this shows the content control freaks are blowing it. Their time
of letting the information slip is well chosen, but it is not going to
save their ass.

> and Naderites, and even, and yes, I myself am frightened by this, among
> fans of Phil Agre.

He's not that bad, once you've learned to skip the political agenda. Out
of my many sources on the net he's one of the few not braindead ones.

On an unrelated vein, is that just me or are nVidia drivers really lousy?
I've been very happy with Matrox Mystique and Millenium I for many years,
and this flaky behaviour (just lost an hour of work) is highly untypical
of a rock-solid feel I had over years become to associate with Linux. Is
there a recommended list of hardware/software for reliable systems out
there? I'd really welcome a pointer.