abuse complaint [aaronl@vitelus.com: [linux-elitists] X86 assembly as spam]

Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Fri Dec 22 21:03:47 PST 2000

On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 09:25:46PM +0000, Paul J Collins wrote:

>     DW> On Fri, Dec 22, 2000 at 01:04:46PM -0800, Seth David Schoen wrote:
>     >> Especially the "it was me" part (instead of "it was I").
>     DW> My Shrink often spoke in the vernacular.
>
> Is that a posh word for "out of his anus"?

No more posh than "it was I".  Correct, certainly, but maybe
not quite the thing for some situations.  English is
a language rich beyond belief in the many different ways
it is used.  Not all precisely according to somebody's
grammar book.

My ancient Webster's says:

  vernacular: [ ... ] using a language or dialect native to a
  region or country rather than a literary, cultured, or foreign
  language [ ... ]

--
Dan Wilder