[linux-elitists] Prior art search, anyone?

Fri Dec 15 00:57:50 PST 2000

on Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 10:15:55PM -0800, Don Marti (dmarti@zgp.org) wrote:
> If this doesn't convince people that software patents are a crock
> of shit, nothing will.  BT is suing Prodigy Communications Corp., of
> all people, over their bogus "hyperlink patent."

I've forwarded a response with attachments to this list, it's over 70K
and exceeds the list's autoforward limit.  We'll see what Don does about
it.

Greg Aharonian's PATNEWS newsletter has been tracking the BT story since
June.  He cites multiple prior art, including four articles he's holding
to himself, also apparently known to BT.

Prior art includes Ted Nelson's Xanadu project, and, according to many,
the writings of Marshal McLuhan ("The Medium is the Massage"), with his
Global Village concepts of the 1950s.