[linux-elitists] Privacy elitists?

Rusty Foster rusty@kuro5hin.org
Sun Dec 10 19:19:30 PST 2000

Dumb software strikes again! Given the pro-privacy bent here, I thought
the wrestling fans among us might want to be warned to skip buying your
Rock t-shirts online this year.

As a new story on K5 explains (currently in moderation, will likely be
posted soon), it seems the WWF's "ShopZone" site reveals customer names,
addresses, contents of the order, and shipping info with a trivial URL
edit.

Check out http://www.wwfshopzone.com/receipt.asp?order_id=x0xxxxx, where
the first x is 2-4, and the rest of the x's are just about any number.
Enjoy perusing what other WWF customers have ordered, and find out where
they live, so you can go visit, and ask if they're enjoying their
purchases.

Full story is at
http://www.kuro5hin.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2000/12/11/02833/899. See
it now if you have a K5 account, or check tomorrow, it should be posted.
And meanwhile, we might want to stick to buying things in stores this
holiday season. With cash.

--R
--
Rusty Foster              || "What am I doing?
rusty@kuro5hin.org        || I'm quietly judging you."