[linux-elitists] Infoworld article on privacy law

Heather star@starshine.org
Fri Dec 1 23:05:11 PST 2000

> >2000 presidential election, privacy advocates expect
> >the next Congress to pass a law providing basic
> >protections for consumer privacy online.
>                                                                          ^
> (removed tracking info, since I got scorned the last time I included it on
> that other list)

Yeah, well, I figured y'all are bright enough to fix that, and if you're not,
they already know my email address, they can bloody well get their stats
confused about where the heck I browse from.

> The $1.99 question is how many riders will be included w/ this so called
> privacy bill that will take away more of your rights? Guesses, anyone?
>
> Steve

We could start a betting pool :)

* Heather * Computers are unreliable, but humans are even more unreliable.
            Any system which depends on human reliability is unreliable.
		-- Gilb