[linux-elitists] We are elitist criminals!

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu Aug 31 06:27:43 PDT 2000

> begin  Marc MERLIN quotation:
>
> > If I  didn't know any better,  I'd say that  you just made a  completely off
> > topic post :-)
>
> Ah, but you'll notice that I cleverly included Steve Savitsky's cheerful
> Linux filk as the final link.  ;->

I'm sorry, Rick, I must have misread, I thought Deirdre posted that.  But
anyways, isn't the normal means of pointing someone to an FAQ to give them
part of the answer, and then the pointer in case that didn't answer them
enough?

btw anyone who wants a bunch of computer related songs should swing by the
Savitsky's place (in the silicon valley) sometime, or else get to a local
filk conference;  Steve has a bunch of really good ones.  Personally I'm
fond of "Heart of The Apple Lisa" (to Heart of The Appaloosa, Fred Small)
and "The Alphabet Song" but there's lots more.

Heading more "mainstream" for us, Steve also works at Ricoh, and was directly
responsible (along with his colleague Greg) in getting them to completely
open the source on his PIA project.  See http://www.risource.org :)

* Heather * For 'unheard of' means only it's undreamed of yet,
            'impossible' means not yet done -- Julia Ecklar, "Ladyhawke!" (song)