[linux-elitists] ME roadshow

Paul J Collins sneakums@eircom.net
Wed Aug 30 12:58:03 PDT 2000

    Eugene> Paul J Collins writes:
    >> QNX's kernel does not provide the variety of services that a
    >> Unix-style kernel does. [...]

    Eugene> Well, maybe we don't need a complete country fair in a
    Eugene> kernel.

Being a know-nothing slob, I am not keen to get into a
Torvalds-Tanenbaum.  The point I was trying to make is that the
kernels of QNX and Unix are very different animals.

I try to follow the summaries of linux-kernel, and I get the
impression that Linus Torvalds tries very hard to keep stuff out of
the kernel where possible.  If you want to see a country-fair kernel,
check out Windows NT.

--
Paul Collins <sneakums@eircom.net> - - - - - [ A&P,a&f ]
 GPG: 0A49 49A9 2932 0EE5 89B2  9EE0 3B65 7154 8131 1BCD