[linux-elitists] University of EULA?

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue Aug 29 11:12:33 PDT 2000

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Greg KH wrote:

> They have always told you what systems to write your code on, "You
> must use the compiler on the VAX cluster called 'elm' if you want us
> to grade your project." There's no way any professor or grad student
> lackey would say, "Write your code for any system out there, and I'll
> grade it just fine." They would be insane (Java rules do not apply as
> much here.)

Actually, you never had my favorite professors. :)

As far as I can tell, the only type of file he disdained was FrameMaker.
He preferred TeX, as did many of the early professors I had (sadly, many
are gone).

And, they encouraged people to write platform-agnostic code.

The "new" profs are all Microsofty.

"We can always count on the British. Except for the Revolutionary War
they've been perfect." -- Mel Brooks, on the first Concorde flight since
the Paris crash.