[linux-elitists] Mozilla.org to attempt dual MPL/GPL relicensing of the Mozilla codebase

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 17 00:32:01 PDT 2000

begin  Paul J Collins quotation:

> Perhaps not as wonderful as if they went GPL-only; but if this
> succeeds, can GNU Mozilla be far away?
>
>    http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/mozilla-relicense-faq.html

I just heard Mitcell Baker talk about this, today.  It's definitely
A Very Good Thing.

It also puts into even starker perspective the KDE Project's refusal
to contact copyright holders to secure their permission for linking
GPLed code against QPLed library code.

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."