[linux-elitists] Patent Public Advisory Committee

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Aug 9 09:25:44 PDT 2000

begin  Ben Woodard quotation of Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 09:09:38AM -0700:

> What is our legal recourse on this?  Can we write our congressional
> representatives stating that we believe that the USPTO is abusing
> their power and not representing the vast majority of the constituants
> interests.

Write, my ass.  We're important enough to get a meeting on this issue.
Anna Eshoo represents Mountain View.  If we get enough free software people
who are represented by her, we can establish a Committee of Free Software
Experts for the 14th Congressional District in California and meet with her
in person to talk about software patents, DMCA, and other issues that effect
the economy and free speech in her district.

Anybody want a 14th District free software politics mailing list? And
would you ask your boss to come along if you work for an important local
employer?  Please let me know off-list; we aren't all 14th district people
here.

--
Don Marti                                No haiku patents
dmarti@zgp.org                           means I've no incentive to