[linux-elitists] First up against the wall, come the revolution

Dan Wilder dan@ssc.com
Mon Aug 7 11:36:30 PDT 2000

Did you try emailing support@networksolutions.com?

While I've had terrible results from that in the past, it appears
competition may have sharpened some of the skills found there.  At
least to judge from the past two or three fupucks I've had to
straighten out with them; a real organism with some working neural
ganglia responded to my email within two or three days, and fixed
the problems!

On Wed, Aug 02, 2000 at 09:55:11AM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> So, I have here a big, splashy "FINAL NOTICE", dated July 24 and mailed
> July 26, from Network Solutions, Inc. for registration/renewal of my
> "Web Address".
>
>     IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Keep Your Account Information Updated!
>
>     Like your driver's licese or social security number, your domain
>     name is the key to your identity -- your Internet identity.  That's
>     why it's important to keep your Network Solutions' [sic] account
>     information current.  Then we're able to communicate messages and
>     updates about current information to the correct contact(s).  It's
>     for your own benefit and the saftey of the registrant's domain name.
>
>     Just go to www.networksolutions.com/makechanges to update the
>     account.  Please pay attention to the Billing Contact, since this
>     is where invoices and renewal notices will be sent.
>
>     If you have questions contact us via e-mail from our web [sic]
>     site at www.networksolutions.com/help/questions-form.html .
>
>     We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve
>     you.
>
>     NETWORK SOLUTIONS (R)
>     A VeriSign(R) Company
>
> Of course, I pointedly moved my domain to Domain Discover, over two
> months ago, specifically to get the hell away from Network Solutions.
> And here they come, nonetheless, trying to double-dip.
>
> --
> Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
> Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."
> rick (at) linuxmafia.com             Kaczinski Christmas.

 Dan Wilder <dan@ssc.com>
 SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549             Phone:  206-782-7733 x123
 Seattle, WA  98155-0549              URL     http://www.ssc.com/