[linux-elitists] First up against the wall, come the revolution

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 2 09:55:11 PDT 2000

So, I have here a big, splashy "FINAL NOTICE", dated July 24 and mailed
July 26, from Network Solutions, Inc. for registration/renewal of my
"Web Address".

    IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Keep Your Account Information Updated!

    Like your driver's licese or social security number, your domain
    name is the key to your identity -- your Internet identity.  That's
    why it's important to keep your Network Solutions' [sic] account
    information current.  Then we're able to communicate messages and
    updates about current information to the correct contact(s).  It's
    for your own benefit and the saftey of the registrant's domain name.

    Just go to www.networksolutions.com/makechanges to update the
    account.  Please pay attention to the Billing Contact, since this
    is where invoices and renewal notices will be sent.

    If you have questions contact us via e-mail from our web [sic]
    site at www.networksolutions.com/help/questions-form.html .

    We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve
    you.

    NETWORK SOLUTIONS (R)
    A VeriSign(R) Company

Of course, I pointedly moved my domain to Domain Discover, over two
months ago, specifically to get the hell away from Network Solutions.
And here they come, nonetheless, trying to double-dip.

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."