[linux-elitists] Privacy micro-HOWTO

Don Marti dmarti@zgp.org
Wed Apr 26 16:18:06 PDT 2000

On Wed, Apr 26, 2000 at 09:16:32AM +0200, Emanuel Pirker wrote:

> I think it should be possible to improve Don's method by adding a virtual
> host on your fake doubleclick server that displays a small white box as
> 404 error document.

Yes, but the advertisers use several different hostnames. You could
manually maintain a whole zonefile with every hostname they use but I
think it might be more practical to write a DENTS module to do it --
http://www.dents.org/modules/modules.html -- I don't think you could do
it with BIND.

--
Don Marti                  Information wants to be $6.95.
dmarti@zgp.org