[linux-elitists] What is wrong?

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Wed Apr 19 22:55:21 PDT 2000

> On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 10:55:01PM +0200, Aleksandar Radulovic wrote:
>
> > What is going on with this list? I am not receiving any emails
> > from it for couple of days?
> >
> > Have it died or it is just a quiet week...
>
> Both.  humulus.zgp.org, the server that hosts this list, had a
> hardware issue last Friday and suffered a power failure in its
> building yesterday.  That counts for minus elitist points for
> me and I was going to have to throw myself off the list.
>
> But fortunately I have tendonitis, which is highly elite, so
> I can stay on.

Hmm.  Ouchie.

In the elite toys category, Action Computing is selling some old Indy's
and Indigos :)

> Good news for people who don't like Unisys: Accuweather is going
> PNG:
> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-1713278.html?
		tag=st.ne.1002.tgif.1005-200-1713278?st.ne.fd.gif.f

> GIF-burning weather report coming soon.

They still have the letters "gif" in that URL tho.  Twice, if you count the app.

-* Heather Stern * the parts of it you can kick (not recommended) are hardware
                   what you can merely curse at is software.

		Um, so what we can fix is what, chopped liver?