[linux-elitists] RE: HP-UX error (fwd)

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu Sep 9 18:12:38 PDT 1999

> On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Heather wrote:
> > Well, lamer error messages that imply the world has gone to Hell in a
> > handbasket when it's merely visiting Heck for the weekend aren't limited
> > to HPux.
>
> True. Though perhaps we should collect a list. :)
>
> > It would be cool if the "canonical list of Operating Systems that suck"
> > were enhanced with some reasons...

Then it's decided, we should collect lamer error messages to link into the
canonical suckiness page, as example reasons why they suck.

They have to be *real* error messages, too.  You get Mac, it should be
pretty easy to get w9x, I think I still know someone with a win3x box...
as for the rest...  I'll bring it up at the next PenSFA and Kabuki
gatherings I get to.

The rest of y'all are welcome to join the fray of course!

* Heather