[linux-elitists] compile perhaps or not.

Heather star@betelgeuse.starshine.org
Thu Oct 7 18:08:01 PDT 1999

Is it just me, or does nearly everyone in the world running Mandrake have
a Red-Hat based disty that can barely compile anything?

3 packages I've tried so far, and I can't tell whether Mandrakesoft or the
software package maintainers are the right crew to flame.  I mean, what can
you say about people who can't be bothered to use the scripts available on
the open net to make .debs and .rpms, anyway.

Of course I finally blew these off, went to rpmfind.net, and delved until I
found working RPMs.  *somebody* out there was able to bother.  But I'd still
like a clearer test of my compilation environment.

In the more pleasant amusement category, a friend of mine has an enjoyable
sig block:
--
David H. Wolfskill                              david@catwhisker.org
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to

I figured y'all would get a kick from that.

  . | .   Heather Stern                  |         star@starshine.org
--->*<--- Starshine Technical Services - * - consulting@starshine.org
  ' | `   Sysadmin Support and Training  |        (800) 938-4078

Scotty:	Captain, we din' can reference it!
Kirk:	Analysis, Mr. Spock?
Spock:	Captain, it doesn't appear in the symbol table.
Kirk:	Then it's of external origin?
Spock:	Affirmative.
Kirk:	Mr. Sulu, go to pass two.
Sulu:	Aye aye, sir, going to pass two.